Zero Threshold Drains Offer a Multitude of Design Options
Zero threshold drains are a design option that is changing shower designs to be more aesthetically pleasing and provide better water removal. Myshowergrateshop designs and manufactures superb stainless steel shower grates that don't detract from tile patterns and are easily maintained to keep the water flowing. Each stainless steel threshold drain is constructed in our Gold Coast shop and delivered to you quickly keeping your renovation project on schedule.
The Importance of a Stainless Steel Threshold Drain
Traditional shower drains are either round or square and usually in the centre of the shower. A stainless steel threshold drain allows you to break from tradition to create a truly bespoke shower design. You no longer have to place the outlet directly in the middle of the shower to provide proper drainage.
- Open shower designs create drainage problems that threshold drainage solves. Placing the drain at the outer or inner edge of the shower ensures the water doesn’t work its way across the floor, creating a slipping hazard.
- An open shower design eliminates doors and allows you to create more storage where a shower door would usually impede cabinet doors from opening and closing properly. You can also design an extended vanity without a shower door hampering your design.
- No doors on your shower reduces cleaning time and prevents mould and mildew build-up in the door tracks. Less cleaning is always a bonus for busy families.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Threshold Drainage
Opting for threshold drainage on your bathroom remodel requires the same plumbing design elements as a traditional drain to remove water from the shower adequately.
- Installing a threshold drain requires sloping to be worked into the design. If the water is directed in the opposite direction, the outlet will not be effective.
- You must perform routine maintenance to ensure water continues to flow down the drain. Regular cleaning of the trap removes hair, preventing clogs and keeping water flowing optimally.
- Using PVC materials for your drain invites staining and yellowing which detract from the sleek design you hope to achieve. Stainless steel offers easier cleaning and retains the modern design you prefer.
Ensuring proper drainage requires the correct slope to remove water from the shower and using materials that are easy to clean and maintain, offers you the best options for water drainage.
Why Choose myshowergrateshop?
We use top quality stainless steel and advanced cutting technologies in our shower drains that provide you with innovative design options when renovating your bathroom. We manufacture everything ourselves in our Gold Coast shop and ship everywhere in Australia. We work with you to create the drain that works with your design, and we sell direct to the public to keep your project on budget. We provide a lifetime guarantee on all our custom products.
Please contact us with any questions regarding our products and how we can incorporate them into your renovation designs. We are capable of creating complex angle designs for a truly bespoke look that functions and lasts a lifetime.